Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunday's Obituary: Oliver G. Lyle, 1957

Oliver Guy Lyle was a special grandparent who had a strong interest in family history in addition to his many other interests that are mentioned in his obituary. It appeared in the Gallipolis Daily Tribune, Gallipolis, Ohio, Thursday, July 25, 1957, in the center of page one. His death was a shock as we had visited him in the VA hospital in Huntington, West Virginia, on the way home from Kentucky. We had attended the funeral of my great uncle Sam (yes, I had a real Uncle Sam!) My grandfather was doing well and a day was soon scheduled for him to go home. That was the day his heart gave out. Since I've turned to genealogy myself, I miss him even more, even after all these years.

Click on the image to see it large enough to read.

1 comment:

  1. A nice write up with a handsome picture.
    Regards,
    Theresa (Tangled Trees)

    ReplyDelete