Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tombstone Tuesday: Commemorative Markers

The Indian Creek Baptist Churchyard is an old cemetery in rural Harrison County, Kentucky. A number of my ancestors are buried there, but three of them have more recent commemorative stones. I don't know if there were originals or if they were in poor condition, but I have mixed emotions about the markers there today. I wish I could see originals but really appreciate the efforts put into the new ones. Two are for Revolutionary War soldiers, the reason they were of special interest.

Edward McShane of New Jersey
Henry Talbert/Talbot had service in Maryland


The third stone is for an ancestor of mine and also of another genealogist who did a lot of research on the family in the 1970s and 80s. He is named on the stone as the presenter, Emmett Moore Waits.


No comments:

Post a Comment